Complaints, Grumble, Praises & Suggestions
If you have any complaints against any member of staff or about your treatment, please discuss the matter with the Practice Manager . You can telephone and make an appointment to see the Practice Manager.
All complaints will be investigated thoroughly and will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Official written complaints will be acknowledged within 2 working days from receipt, by telephone or letter.
If you would like to praise any of our staff in particular, it is always good to receive this in writing too.
Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities
- The patient has the right to see the doctor of their choice. If you need to make an urgent appointment you may not have a choice of doctor.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to look after their health.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to order their medication on time and give the correct notification time.
- Patients should cancel all unwanted appointments.
- Patients should book in at reception for all appointments using the self-check in system.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to follow up any test they may have had.
- Patients should respect the Primary Health Care Team.
The NHS operate a zero tolerance policy with regard to violence and abuse and the practice has the right to remove violent patients from the list with immediate effect in order to safeguard practice staff, patients and other persons. Violence in this context includes actual or threatened physical violence or verbal abuse which leads to fear for a person’s safety. In this situation we will notify the patient in writing of their removal from the list and record in the patient’s medical records the fact of the removal and the circumstances leading to it.